Travel Consultant (Commission Based Independent Contractor)
Destinations Travel is a boutique travel agency located in Paola, Kansas offering highly personalized travel planning and booking services. We also offer individualized travel concierge services to ensure our clients have amazing vacations.
Due to travel demand, we are currently looking to fill two travel consultant positions. This position is a work from home position and you may set your hours following initial training. Full or part-time. We also provide opportunity for advancement.
- Meets with clients to determine travel needs, budgets and preferences.
- Sells and coordinates transportation, accommodations, insurance, tours and activities.
- Advises clients regarding destinations, cultures, customs, weather and activities.
- Collects payments, books travel arrangements and pays applicable fees.
- Handles travel issues, conflicts, complaints, cancelations and refunds.
- Builds and maintains relationships with travel/tour vendors and clients.
- Attends travel seminars and conferences.
- Conducts research on destinations and industry trends.
- Maintains accurate records of bookings, payments, transactions, phone calls and meetings.
- Contributes to agency efforts by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Strong sales and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to negotiate effectively
- Excellent knowledge of computer reservation computer programs
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Strong ability to manage time and prioritize tasks
- Working knowledge of domestic and international travel trends
- Ability to work with a team or on your own
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Laptop/Desk Computer or Ipad with reliable internet and cell phone.
Resumes and questions can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org