Cruise Ducks & The Great Duck Hunt
What are Cruise Ducks?
Cruise Ducks are a fun thing to do while cruising. Started by a sweet 10 year old girl named Abby who started hiding ducks on a cruise ship she was sailing on with her family for others to find. It has grown over the years and on almost any cruise ship you sail on these days you will find a lot of people enjoying hiding the docs and finding the ducks.
We hope you enjoyed getting a cruise duck at the Miami County Fair Parade and hope to see you joining in on hiding or finding ducks on your next cruise. We have some fabulous group cruises available and are always willing to help find you the cruise line, ship and itinerary that fits your needs. Interested in learning more? Fill out our inquiry form HERE or give us a call at (913) 353-6813.
What is The Great Duck Hunt?
** 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙶𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝 𝙳𝚞𝚌𝚔 𝙷𝚞𝚗𝚝**
Join us for 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙶𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝 𝙳𝚞𝚌𝚔 𝙷𝚞𝚗𝚝! 🐥🐥
𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙶𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝 𝙳𝚞𝚌𝚔 𝙷𝚞𝚗𝚝 is an annual 4 week long scavenger hunt with prizes, collectible ducks along with a dose of fun brought to you by Destinations Travel.
Clues and information will be given every day on how to find and earn Gold, Silver and Bronze ticket entries via:
- Destinations Travel Facebook Page
- Destinations Travel Instagram Page
- Destinations Travel Facebook Group (Clue is posted in the group 1 hour before they are posted on the Facebook & Instagram pages.)
- Destinations Travel The Great Duck Hunt E-Newsletter
**ALL TICKETS ARE LAMINATED TO ENSURE WEATHER DOES NOT IMPACT THE TICKETS. **
Each week of the event we will be hiding 5 “Gold Tickets”. Gold Tickets can be claimed by posting a picture of the ticket in the Facebook group that shows the unique code listed on the ticket as well as where the finder found the ticket.
Gold Tickets are worth 25 entries for the week into the weekly grand prize pack drawing. Each community member may only claim 1 Gold Ticket per week. Gold Ticket entries are valid for the week of the ticket listed on the ticket.
Each week of the event we will be hiding 5 “Silver Tickets”. Silver Tickets can be claimed by posting a picture of the ticket in the Facebook group that shows the unique code listed on the ticket as well as where the finder found the ticket.
Silver Tickets are worth 10 entries into the weekly grand prize pack drawing. Each community member may only claim 2 Silver Ticket per week. Silver Ticket entries are valid for the week of the ticket listed on the ticket.
Each week of the event, we will have at least three different opportunities to earn or find “Bronze Tickets”. These will only be available via the Facebook group and via the e-newsletter only.
- The first way will always be to visit a local business and post a picture of a product they love. These entries will be acknowledged on the post. The post must be public, you must tag the business you visited as well as Destinations Travel. You will need to use the following hashtags:
- #ShopPaola #DestinationsTravel #TheGreatDuckHunt2023 #ShopLocal #PaolaChamberOfCommerce
- The next way is to donate $10 or more to a local charitable organization of the week that is posted weekly. These entries will need to be emailed to inquiry @ dwjtravel.com and will be acknowledged via email. You can earn 1 Bronze Ticket entry by making a $10 donation. You can earn up to 5 Bronze Tickets per week for charitable donations.
- Completing an act of kindness. These entries will need to be emailed to inquiry @ dwjtravel.com and will be acknowledged via email. Each week you can earn up to 5 Bronze Ticket entries by completing an act of kindness and each act of kindness is worth 1 Bronze Ticket.
- Other ways to earn Bronze Tickets can be making a purchase from the local business of the day, finding a physical bronze ticket at or near a local business or finding a specific Fun Duck.
Some “Bronze Ticket” entries stipulate limits on how many can be earned per day or activity. Each “Bronze Ticket” that is earned and posted provides 1 entry into the grand prize drawing.
Hunt and find “Fun Ducks” around town. These ducks are just for fun, and people can hunt and keep as many as they like. We will be hiding at least 100 Fun Ducks per week. If you have found an actual rubber duck around town - you have found a "Fun Duck".
Fun Ducks are just for fun. However, some bonus entry opportunities for the Weekly Random Prize Drawings may be available.
Check our social media pages, Facebook Cruise Group and the Duck Hunt Clue Newsletter daily for those opportunities.
WEEKLY GRAND PRIZE PACK DRAWING
The weekly grand prize pack drawing includes a collectible duck, a gift certificate to a local business, as well as cruise cash and a variety of other items. Each community participant / family may win one Grand Prize Pack per year. Each week, entries reset so the field is level for everyone!
WEEKLY RANDOM PRIZE DRAWINGS
Each week we will also be drawing for various prizes! Your Gold, Silver & Bronze ticket entries are valid for these prizes! There is no limit to how many times you can win a prize from the weekly random prize drawings.
Facebook Page: https://tinyurl.com/yc2pv8ta
Instagram Page: https://tinyurl.com/zyw4xj2a
Facebook Cruise Group: https://tinyurl.com/2xyv8wkk
Daily Clue Newsletter Signup: https://tinyurl.com/ywyzarad
GUIDELINES / RULES:
- You may only win one Grand Prize Pack per calendar year.
- All those who are searching for the Gold, Silver & Bronze tickets, must be 18 or accompanied by an adult 18 years of age or older.
- Those searching for Gold, Silver and Bronze tickets and/or Fun Ducks are expected to know, understand, and abide by all local laws.
- Those searching for Gold, Silver and Bronze tickets and/or Fun Ducks should be respectful to others while searching.
- Tickets will be hidden in public areas.
- No trespassing on private property
- Hunting for Gold, Silver and Bronze tickets and/or Fun Ducks should occur only during the hours of 7am- 8pm. Tickets will be moved nightly if there is hunting outside of these hours.
- The Second Edition of The Great Duck Hunt starts September 25, 2023. Week One runs from 9/25/23 – 10/1/23. Week Two runs from 10/2/23 - 10/8/23. Week Three runs from 10/9/23 - 10/15/23. Week Four runs from 10/16/23-10/22/23.
- All tickets for the week must be found and claimed during the week listed on the ticket. Tickets claimed after the date listed on the ticket are no longer valid and will provide zero entries.
- There is no set time that we will announce the clue for the day. Make sure you follow / receive notifications through our group and page. However, those in the cruise group will get the clue 1 hour earlier than our social media pages. Those in the group should not share the clue. If you are found to be sharing the clue outside of the group before it has been posted on the social media pages, you will be disqualified.
- Please remove the ticket from the location where you find it.
- Each ticket has a unique code and can only be claimed once.
- Only take the ticket / claim the tickets you are able and eligible to redeem.
- Keep an eye out for Bonus Entry Opportunities via our Facebook/Instagram Pages, our Facebook Cruise Group, and the daily clue newsletter.
- Get out and visit Paola businesses. You may find yourself getting an extra clue. 🙂
- Have FUN!
*****If you find an actual duck around town - you have found a "Fun Duck"*****